Based on an email from Bomb Wing Leadership received this morning, the following changes to the base’s General Restriction Order have been made that pertain to spouses/families:
- Families may bring children into the Pride Hanger to stroll on the track or play on the field. It is a good place to go while it is cold outside. Children must be supervised at all times and may not be left unattended. 24/7 access will be restored at the Pride Hanger once the door has been repaired.
- Dining in restaurants off installation is permitted Monday – Thursdays for now.
PLEASE READ THE FULL EMAIL BELOW TO ENSURE YOU UNDERSTAND THE GUIDELINES AND REQUIREMENTS!
Sent: Monday, February 8,2021 9:03 AM
As promised, I have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 trend data in the local area, the number of active cases on the installation, hospital status, and availability of vaccine for the last several weeks.
The local area case rate has decreased to the lowest point since August of last year, the active case load on the installation is stable based on the hard work, sacrifice and discipline of the team, and the local hospital status is improving. Vaccine is beginning to flow if you chose to take it. We have received our second shipment and are currently administering second doses to all Phase 1A personnel, and have begun initial doses for Phase 1B personnel to include beneficiaries 75 years old and up.
While we are slowly and steadily reducing restrictions, it is important to understand that there is still COVID-19 in our community. It is extremely important to continue to exercise precautions and be disciplined with hand sanitization, distancing, and mask wear if we want to continue to move forward.
Based on the factors above, I am modifying the General Restriction Order to allow limited dining at restaurants off the installation Mondays – Thursdays initially, provided certain precautions are observed. I have limited the dining off base to Monday – Thursday initially, due to the fact that weekends are generally the most crowded times and therefore pose a greater risk to our team. I will continue to monitor the COVID-19 trend over the next several weeks, and if conditions do not worsen and we can adhere to the precautions below, I will open the dining opportunities further to include Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
No other changes have been made to the General Restriction Order and all other restrictions remain in effect. Events with large crowds, bars and clubs remain off limits. Details on the new dining allowance are below:
New dining allowances effective Monday 8 February.
- Dining in restaurants off installation is permitted Monday – Thursdays for now. We will watch the impact of this and if cases remain low on and off the installation, the allowance will be opened to weekends in the future.
- All restaurant staff must wear face coverings. If they do not, pick another restaurant.
- No more than 4 non-family members may sit together at a table.
- Face coverings must be worn in waiting areas and when not seated at your table or booth. If the waiting area cannot maintain spacing requirements, move to a location (outside or in car) that provides adequate spacing while you wait, or consider going to another establishment.
- No seating is allowed in restaurant bar areas.
- Seating is also allowed outside at establishments that have outside fire pits, igloos etc. as long as the above precautions are observed.
- If you observe a restaurant not following the precautions stated, you must leave.
- All other restrictions in the General Restriction order remain the same regarding events with large crowds, concerts, bars, clubs, casinos and other activities.
As long as these precautions are adhered to and cases remain low, we will continue to allow dining at restaurants. If cases go up in the local community or on base, we will pull back to dining-in on base and carry out only again.
Additionally, we have reached a point where we can open the Bellamy Gym locker rooms with certain precautions in place. This is effective Monday 8 February and all members must follow the below directions and precautions if the locker room is to remain open. If precautions are not followed or cases on the installation increase, the locker rooms will be closed again. No other changes have been made to capacity or age limits for Bellamy at this time.
- Maintaining proper spacing in the changing area and showers,
- Sauna is closed, do not use,
- Wear face coverings in the locker room when not actively showering.
- All members are responsible for disinfecting the shower after each use (spray will be available).
- Fitness Center staff will do an hourly walk thru to ensure patrons are abiding by mitigation measures and replenish cleaning supplies
- Contract cleaning will be conducted 2-3 times a day
- At this time the Locker Room Showers at the Pride Hangar will remain closed
Finally, families may bring children into the Pride Hanger to stroll on the track or play on the field. It is a good place to go while it is cold outside. Children must be supervised at all times and may not be left unattended. 24/7 access will be restored at the Pride Hanger once the door has been repaired.
Reminder on proper face covering wear on and off base:
- If outside, wear your face covering whenever you may come within six feet of someone else.
- Wear your face covering anytime you are moving around the building or within six feet from another person. If seated at your desk or eating, and no one is within six feet, you can take your mask off.
- Wear your face covering when in a vehicle with someone that is not a family member (POV, GOV, or any other sort of vehicle).
- If in the gym and moving from one piece of equipment to another or going to the restroom, wear your face covering. Equipment is spaced six feet apart. If spotting someone lifting, wear your face covering. If in the locker room, and not showering , wear your face covering.
- Off base, wear your face covering when entering any business and when in a vehicle with non-family members.
You all continue to accomplish amazing feats every single day! Thank you all for what you have and continue to do as we move forward!