Below is the email sent out on Friday, 30 April 2021:
Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication as we continue to work through COVID-19. I’m sure all of you are tired of this pandemic and ready to get back to normal. You have all done a phenomenal job keeping our cases low and keeping the mission going. While we still are dealing with some active COVID-19 cases, we continue to see improvements in the environment across the base and in the local area.
As promised, with improvements come fewer restrictions. Below are the latest changes to the General Restriction Order with a few reminders of safeguards still in place. These changes will be incorporated in a updated and signed General Restriction order very soon, however, the following changes are effective immediately and apply to all members as defined in the General Restriction Order.
1) (Reminder) Face coverings remain mandatory to enter any establishment downtown (regardless of store policy) and when entering any facility on base (except own residence). On base, members may remove face coverings when at their work station/location if physical distancing is available. If leaving the work station/location, members must wear face coverings until outside. Member must also wear a face covering when in a vehicle with non-family members.
2) *Dining: The requirement to only go to establishments where the staff wear face coverings is rescinded. However, all personnel must wear a mask in the waiting areas and when not seated regardless of establishment policy for patrons or staff.
– The requirement for only four non-family members dining together is rescinded, however, non-family members that travel together must still wear face coverings in the vehicle to and from their destination.
– Seating at the bar in dining establishment remains off limits.
– All personnel are encouraged to use establishments where staff wear face coverings, to use outdoor seating options if the weather allows, and to avoid the most crowded times of operation.
– (Reminder) Bars and clubs are still off limits for now, however, outdoor seating at wineries and breweries is permitted. Face coverings must be worn if going inside to order, pay bill, or use restrooms.
3) *Private gatherings (unofficial functions such as cookouts etc): authorized up to 20 people (Changed from 14) provided indoor/outdoor spacing is sufficient.
4) *Official functions (unit or private org sponsored) Venue attendance will be defined by the ability to follow six foot physical distancing rules (depends on the size of the facility). Enforcement of physical distancing and face covering wear when not seated and eating/drinking is required and hand sanitization must be provided at entry and throughout the venue for official functions.
5) *Leave: Squadron CCs or the Director of Staff may now delegate leave approval to the Flight CC/Division commander or equivalent level at their discretion. Leave matrix paperwork and a safety briefing is still required before approval and departure.
6) Base Pass: Base pass approval remains at the Sq/CC or Director of Staff level with appropriate paperwork and should be issued for mission accomplishment purposes, deliveries, or family member visits only.
7) The VOCO/Pass radius is 5 hours drive time.
8) *Barbershops, hair/nail salons, massage therapy etc: The requirement for members to only use barbershops, hair/beauty salons, manicure/pedicure, tattoo and massage therapy establishments that require masks is rescinded, however, all personnel subject to the General Restriction Order must wear a face covering at all times in those facilities due to the close proximity of employees to our personnel. All personnel are encouraged to use establishments where staff wear face coverings to maximize safety.
9) Outdoor sports: All members may now participate in any outdoor sports activity to include unit PT. Wing/Group/Squadron/Flight intramurals are also authorized. Maintain spacing to the max extent practical and provide for sanitization at any event. Certain indoor sports will be allowed with precautions in place.
10) (Reminder) Rallys and large fairs remain off limits for now. Outdoor markets are permitted.
11) (Reminder) Local outdoor concert venues such as Rapid’s Hot Summer nights (for example) are permitted provided physical distancing can be maintained or face coverings are worn if spacing does not provide for distancing. Large rock concert venues (indoor or outdoor) where there are extremely large crowds jammed together remain prohibited.
12) (Reminder) All movie theaters are allowed provided members wear face coverings and practice physical distancing from non-family members. Drive-in movie theaters are also still allowed.
Please continue to be the great team players and professionals that you are and exercise good judgement and decision making to keep us moving in the right direction. We do have criteria for moving to HPCON A and I have shared that with your commanders. I hope we can get there soon. With your help, I am confident that we can so we can lift even more restrictions!
DAVID A. DOSS, Colonel, USAF
Commander, 28th Bomb Wing